- Interactive Comparison Chart
- 2015 Models Available in the Midwest
- Additional Models
- Why Plug In?
- About Us
E&E News: Obama to unveil plan to boost alternative-fuel vehicles
On March 8, 2012
President Obama today will announce plans to increase the deployment of alternative-fuel vehicles, including a $1 billion program that will spur the deployment of clean vehicles in a set of model communities.
According to a White House fact sheet, the administration will also propose raising a $7,500 tax credit for electric vehicles to $10,000, as well as expanding the scope of vehicles that are eligible for the credit. The discount will be applied at the point of purchase, echoing a proposal in the administration’s fiscal 2013 budget (Greenwire, Feb. 16).
Obama will detail the proposals today at an appearance at a Daimler Trucks North America plant in Mount Holly, N.C. The speech comes after weeks of political jockeying on rising gas prices and continues the administration’s focus on clean cars and fuel economy.
Recent Electric Vehicle News
- Transport Evolved: BMW Shares Super Bowl Ad for i3 Electric Car Online Ahead of Big Game Debut
- Gas2: Now Is A Great Time To Buy That Electric Or Hybrid Car
- Green Car Reports: Workplace Charging Doubles in Two Years, 90% Of Charging Stations Full
- Chicago Tribune Editorial: A Volt, a Bolt and juicy jolt of electricity